We seek to be a transforming community following in the Way of Jesus the Christ, through practices of prayer, hospitality, and engagement in our world—local & global. We hope to nurture depth, beauty and vitality in ourselves and in the world around us. We aim to sustain and resource Christian practice, and work towards the restoration of all of life
*we also appear to believe br> in the Oxford comma)
Welcoming applications for
Children and Young People’s Ministry Coordinator!
We are currently looking for a part-time (0.4 FTE) Children and Young People’s Ministry Coordinator.
Located on the Auckland CBD fringe, Cityside is a stimulating and committed
Christian community holding a broad range of theological and socio-political
views. We seek to be a place where people are valued, where art and creativity flourish and where God’s love is expressed in all things. We maintain an eclectic vision of worship where participation in spiritual practice is considered more important than excellence.
The existing Children’s Space programme draws on an extensive collection of internally-developed resources. In keeping with the wider vision of the Cityside community, children are encouraged to discover faith through a range of activities including craft, contemplation, plays and a range of social and outdoor events.
The role is responsible for:
- Holding the collective vision for Children’s Space and the pastoral care of our young people up to school-leaver age.
- Working with our Minister, to coordinate, as appropriate, the themes and emphases of the children’s activities with the themes and emphases occurring within the wider church.
- Planning the Children’s Space curriculum together with the Children’s Space Planning Team.
- Leading and/or co-ordinating the Sunday morning children’s activities and team of volunteers.
- Liaising with and mentoring the volunteers who lead the various children’s/young people’s Sunday morning groups and other social activities.
- Attending and providing a spiritual component to children’s social activities, as appropriate.
- Oversight of Health and Safety requirements relating to Children’s Space activities.
Currently we have a set of four values that we affirm as a community:
- That we embrace people at multiple stages of faith/spiritual development.
- That we seek to be an inclusive and welcoming community to people of all kinds.
- That our meetings, particularly as a gathered community on Sunday mornings,
be characterised by participation.
- That the spaces where we meet are relaxed.
We have also valued a tradition of maintaining a safe space for a wide variety of opinions and beliefs, encapsulated in the phrase: “Thinking allowed. Thinking aloud allowed.”
Please submit your expressions of interest accompanied
by a CV by 30 June 2017 to
PO Box 8912